Monday, January 31, 2011

The Sky is Everwhere by Jandy Nelson

The Sky Is EverywhereThe Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


WOW! I guess I really didn't have any ideas what this book was about when I got it from the library :)

I had seen a couple of people from GoodReads that had read it and gave it 4 or 5 stars - I didn't even read what it was about.

Seriously - I have not cried this much over a book since I read "I heart you, you haunt me " or "chasing brooklyn" probably a year ago or so -

I have never lost someone that close to me - not a sister, boyfriend , or even a really good friend - so I really can't relate how this book feels to the person in it - but just feeling what they are feeling - just breaks my heart in 2 - I think that's why I try to stay clear of these types of books :) I do love it though - just gets me in a little depressed rut that I have to hurry and get out of :)

Let's see - In this book Lennie lost her sister - she finds herself greiving - and it's hard. Her mother left when she was 1 year old and her Gramother and Uncle raised her and her sister.

Lennie meets up with Toby - Her sister's boyfriend - and their greif is so raw it's hard to hate him , but hard to love him too.

Then comes in Joe ... "Quel dork"  lol this guy is hot - and he is determined to break through Lennie's shell and get to know her. He knows how to make her laugh - and even though she feels guilty for being happy - she finds herself becoming more and more happier when he's around.

Like I said - this book is pretty pationate - I really liked the way it was written out. The thought of her writing down her feelings and tossing them away. I've done this before and it helps so much.

I don't recommend reading this book with little kids around though :) luckly my older daughter is home "sick" today and has been keeping my others occupied while I finished this book. The reading goes quickly - I couldn't find any good stopping points to take breaks.

But it is ranked up there with the top of the list books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment