Monday, January 24, 2011

The mage in Black by Jaye Wells

The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)The Mage in Black by Jaye Wells

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


WOW! What a great series so far - I don't want to wait another month for the next book :(



First of all - the model they used on the cover of these books is awsome! She reminds me of Richelle Mead - mostly the look of the red hair and pale skin - but she looks so strong willed in every way. I don't know Richelle Mead - other then meeting her once at a book signing but still - that's my impression :)

Anyways - I really liked this book - I anxious for her to meet her new sister - but I wasn't prepared for the differences between the two -they are complete oposite in almost everyway - but they also have a lot of simularities - not just in looks.

But I'm happy that they get along so well - I was really Sad to see Adam having to leave so soon after Sabina showed up to New York , and he was gone for SO LONG :(

Entered Slade - AKA - The Shade - This character fit in there pretty good. Someone familuar to Sabina - she knew him in the past. Even with their fall out from 30 years ago - they start to get closer as friends. I wanted to tear the book in half when I saw how friendly they were becoming (Team Adam :) But yeah - it worked out for the best (JMHO)

Giguhl has a strong part in this book - with his new hobby of Demon Fight Club (Holy cow I laughed so hard when I read the first two rules of the Demon Fight club - Ever see the movie Fight Club??? That's one of our favorites )

" Rule Number One ?? Do NOT TALK ABOUT DEMOND FIGHT CLUB!!!!"
" Rule number two??? DO NOT TALK ABOUT DEMOND FIGHT CLUB!!!"

Loved that!

Ok So Giguhl kicks butt in this book - and we even get a new character when he Valva (yes that's her name ) is summons to fight Giguhl - She is handed over to Maisie by accident (or is it?) so now both sisters have a Demon Minion - and these two demons are starting to forgot that part :)

Oh anyways - so a lot happens in this book - there is a really big cliffhanger for the next book - that really disapoints me - but from what I've read - there are only 3 books to this series - so everything will wrap up in the next book nicely -

This book comes together when she starts to get comfortable with her new Mage family/friends - starts to learn her magic and all of a sudden someone is out to kill her .. again.

An all out war is on the horizon between the Dominae and the Manges - as well as the warewolves, and Vampires and Fae .

Next book - Sabina is headed back to LA to try to find her sister who was kidnapped by her crazy Grandmother - The Head Alpha Dominae of the Vampires (I think that's her title)

She's teaming up with all her closest friends - Adam (sigh) and Giguhls, and Valva start off into the night .....



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment