Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

June 2, 2010 - I finally discovered the Adult Fiction section at the library and this was my first book - I was trying to be modest when writing the review for the sake of my family - but they don't know about this blog so ignore it :) I don't blush over the sex parts anymore :)

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Ok ok ok - YES this is an ADULT Fiction (Urban Fantasy) book - but let me tell you - I was curious about the difference between Adult Fiction and young Adult fiction - and frankly - there isn't much difference. The big thing I've read about is that the characters are older - so I gave this book a try - and it's one of my favorites :) I'm not going to read the whole series - Kelley Armstrong has written a lot of books for this series - but she said on her website that this first book wasn't going to be a series - it was just going to be a stand alone book. So she ended it really well - it cleared up all the problems and didn't leave me hanging on wanting to read more -

The main "Adult" thing in here is yes - once they turn from werewolf to human - they are naked (gasp - so does twilight!) So they do run around in the forest naked - the kissing scenese are a little steamier - but it doesn't get really emberessing to read about. So I think I'm ok with this book - a strong PG 13 - I have a couple of other books on hold from kelley Armstrong - so I'm excited to read those.

Here's what this book is about -

Elena Michaels is the world's only female werewolf. And she's tired of it. Tired of a life spent hiding and protecting, a life where her most important job is hunting down rogue werewolves. Tired of a world that not only accepts the worst in her— her temper, her violence—but requires it. Worst of all, she realizes she's growing content with that life, with being that person.

So she left the Pack and returned to Toronto where she's trying to live as a human. When the Pack leader calls asking for her help fighting a sudden uprising, she only agrees because she owes him. Once this is over, she'll be squared with the Pack and free to live life as a human. Which is what she wants. or is it??

This book has your typical love triangle - but since she's the only female werewolf (EVER) she has a lot of male werewolves panting over her - she's not a big flirt - her humor lets them down in a way that they know she's serious to leave her alone, but in a teasing way so they don't get in a huge brawl over it. There are only 2 guys for her though... one is human and one is a werewolf.... I loved who she picked in the end, and really loved how it played out. There was a lot of action in this book between kidnappings and car accidents and gun chasing and people scared of big bad wolves wondering around town :) Defianatly a good book in my opinion -not really for the young at heart though :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment