Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On The Edge by Ilona Andrews


Jan 10 - 11 , 2011

WOW! I really REALLY liked this book! It was so different then everything else!
I liked the difference between the worlds - the Edge and the Weird , even the Broken was not how we know it today - It was different. The magic was different too - Taught instead of born within.
I predicted that his name/title was more then what he lead her to believe when she brought out her encylopedia :) But it turned out really cute.
She is a really strong woman - and I cried a lot just reading when MeMere gave Declan the run down of her hard life. Everytime she thought about wanting to trust him - and when she realized she loved him...
The talk her Memere gave her about rather she should go with him or not kind of bugged me though - being an elder - grandmother - even as hard of a life they had - she should have been a little more "follow your heart" type talk .. but I guess that's probably why it was so hard for her to make the decision she made ...
I really loved the 2nd challange though - to help Georgie - that ... thing he made for him - I wish we could actually make something that cool in real life - it would be an Awesome science fair project (it's that time of year for my kids :)
I'm off to start the next book now :) 

(Edited - I'm reading the next book and struggling with it - I've read many many reviews saying it was a really GREAT book - I'm just struggling with the difference. it feels really old fashion to me - and I have never really liked those "before car" times - On the Edge - at least Rose drove a truck - The the Bayou Moon - they ride horses and use seal like animals to drive their boats (no motors ) and it's really hard for me to relate with Cerise - the main female character. I'm pushing myself to keep reading tonight - and I'll decide in the morning if I want to keep reading or not. But like I said - I've read more positive reviews about the Bayou Moon then negitive - So it's just me :)



The Broken is a place where people shop at Wal-Mart and magic is nothing more than a fairy tale.
The Weird is a realm where blueblood aristocrats rule and the strength of your magic can change your destiny.
Rose Drayton lives on the Edge, the place between both worlds. A perilous existence indeed, made even more so by a flood of magic-hungry creatures bent on absolute destruction.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting review!!!

    Have you read the Kate Daniel series yet. It's more UF and amazing!!!

    I have On the Edge on my shelf so i must read it. I'm sorry to hear your struggling. Hopefully, I'll get better.

    ReplyDelete