Sunday, May 22, 2011

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I would have been ok if I stopped reading with Simon and Luke talking - but NOOO I had to see "Jace's" name and keep reading – Then BAM! ! Talk about setting up the next book! WOW! I will advise my daughter (who still isn't finished :) to stop a few pages before the end - or else she'll be freaking out the whole time :)

LOVE this book! Lots of great Clary and Jace scenes - I loved all the Simon in it too - the book is mostly told from Clary and Simon -

A little ways into the book - we met up with Camilla (the one and same from clockwork Angel) and she meets witH Simon to try to get on his good graces - Everyone wants to be with the daylighter :) Everyone except the shadowhunters - at least that's what Simon feels like. Sure he and Clary are great friends, she sees him almost every day and life is great being her friend - but she's with Jace, and she has to train.

Camilla puts it into Simons head that the only way he's going to be happy is to be with other Vampires - Simon starts to see things in a negative way. You know how life always has 2 ways of seeing things -

Sure Simon helped out a lot - and when the Shadowhunters jump in to clean up the mess, he gets ignored, no one even looks in his direction - but he still knows that he's doing good deeds - because Simon is a good guy - he doesn't believe in hurting other people, no matter who they are.

Jace and Clary are doing good - their together and happy - well as happy as any 2 teenagers can be with an over protective mom that won’t let Clary spend more than 5 mins with Jace unless they're training -

BUT things start to go wrong - Jace starts to act weird - his dreams start to haunt him, he doesn't sleep anymore, he doesn't feel like eating - he's pushing Clary away ... and yet - he can't seem to bare it to be away from her for too long

Magnus and Alec are happy - until Camilla shows up - then Jealousy picks up and Alec doesn't know what to do with Magnus anymore. Poor Magnus :(

Then there is the whole Simon and Maia and Isabelle thing to work though. None of the girls have talked about commitment, and so Simon thinks he's ok dating both of them. He doesn't want to hurt them, and he cares for them both .. what's the problem??

We have our ups and downs in this book - lots of great sarcasm and great come backs - love the witty sense of Humor in here.

Looking forward to next book :)

One of my many Favorite quotes :)

Jace's eyebrows went up. "Hotter that me?"
  "it could happen," Clary said. "you know, theoretically." 
  "Theoretically the planet could suddenly crack in half, leaving me on one side and you on the other side, forever and tragically parted, but I'm not worried about that, either. Some things," Jace said, with his customary crooked smile, "are just too unlikely to dwell upon."









View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Wow... I just had to stop reading on paragraph 3 because I didn't want to know any more until I read the book! X-D Thanx on the quote! I can't wait until I read it, and I don't doubt the book will be 5 out of 5 stars :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know - there are no spoilers on this post - it just tells a basic outline on how the book starts out - I try hard not to give anything away with my reviews :)

    I hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete