Thursday, March 31, 2011

Intertwined by Gena Showalter

Intertwined (Intertwined, #1)Intertwined by Gena Showalter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book was so strange I seriously couldn't put it down - so many things going on - it was so cool!

I was iffy on if I was even going to read this book - but I promised myself once I picked up a book I would read at least 50 - 100 pages to really give it a chance before putting it down – Page one, I was impressed by the different voices in Aden's head - something that was new to me in a story - the voices seemed so real - I really didn't know what to think of them at first – Was he crazy? Were they spirits? Was he hearing others from a pack (wares?) I had no idea!

Then page 20 - "the girl" comes along and BAM - everything is silent - WELL OF COURSE I'm not going to stop reading now!!!!

LOTS of excitement in this book though - It's hard to describe everything that went on.

In the beginining ,
Once Aden met Mary Ann - his whole life changed - sure he still heard the 4 different voices - and carried their abilities (powers) and struggled with making friends - but when he was around Mary Ann , Everything was peaceful - and it made him happy.

Mary Ann has a new friend , a Great Big Huge Wolf laid down under the tree waiting for her to go to school. He seems friendly enough , but she’s not going to turn her back on him. She has a busy schedule to keep - mustn’t stray off her "15 year plan" - she has a lot to do – Here comes her boyfriend Tucker in his big truck waiting for Mary Ann - and she jumps in trying to get away from the scary wolf .... but there was SOMETHING about that wolf that just didn't seem so scary after all.....

Aden was finally able to go to public school - yeah! He was going to spend some time with Mary Ann - find out why she can silence him, and see if she has any idea how to help the souls in his head gain bodies to give him peace. - he realizes she is NOT the girl in his vision - but he doesn't want to lose Mary Ann - Who is she, and what is it about her?? And where IS the girl he kisses from his vision?

There is too much in this book to keep going - but let's just say it was a really cute book - I enjoyed reading it. I'm not going to be picking up the next book right now - but I'm sure I'll get around to it soon :) It'll be fun to see how he handles his new title :)

2 comments:

  1. What I liked the most was the two romances happening at once. At first I thought Aden and Mary Ann were going to have a thing and they did but it was friendship and mot romance.
    I really enjoyed this one. The voices inside the head not so much, lol. But it was funny to read the different voices with their different personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The voices were.. different - I liked them there, telling him what to do, coaching him - but I think he sould have tried more to speaking to them silently with thoughts. The book said he could but because there was so much commotion with all the other's it got confusing - after a few years of hearing these voices, you'd think they'd be able to pick out his thoughts as well - maybe he wouldn't have been such an outcast?

    ReplyDelete