Thursday, December 23, 2010

Magic on the Storm / Magic at the Gate Devon Monk



I LOVE ALLIE Beckstrom! This searies is awesome!
 I started the series about 2 months ago - I've bought the first 2 of her books but haven't seen the others in the store out here yet - but don't worry - I'll get them some day :)

I re-read Magic on the Storm because I finally got the Magic at the Gate from the library - I was the first person to request it on hold at the library right after I read the first 4 books - But I had to wait a month for them to actually order it - I was checking shelves all over the stores out here trying to find it :(

Anyways - so I FINALLY got to read Magic at the Gate - and it didn't dissapoint me :)
I SO love this series I can't even express that enough :)
The book starts off where Magic on the Storm leaves off - Allie and her dad and Stone enter the Gate of Death - she needs Stone to constantly touch her so she can breathe in this reilem.
She has the danger of staying in death too long and not being able to get back. So they move pretty fast in the begining getting to Zavion. Poor guy -

Nope not going to spoil it - Ok so once she gets back from Death - the adventures really begin :)
And the story has a lot of Shame in it - he's so cute! I hope he and Terrik work things out :) I love those guys.

Even old ghosts from past books (Pike) show up in this book and the "Pack" of Hounds come in to help out. This book has it all :)

Anyways - Magic of the Hunt comes out in Spring 2011 - and I will be there :) Already number 2 on hold at the library for it :) Hopefully I will be able to find the book before the library finally orders it though :)

SO DEFINATLY 2 Thumbs up for this series :)

Here's the Promo for Magic at the Gate -

Allie Beckstrom's lover, Zayvion Jones, is a Guardian of the Gate, imbued with both light and dark magic and responsible for ensuring that those energies don't mix. But Zayvion lies in a coma, his soul trapped in death's realm. And when Allie discovers that the only way to save Zayvion is to sacrifice her very own magical essence, she makes a decision that may have grave consequences for the entire world.

3 comments:

  1. I cant wait to read this series. I have another good friend blogger that's a huge fan!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like Gargoyles - then you'll really love the one in this book - Stone is probably my favorite character in this series - ok maybe not THE favorite - but he has a big place in my heart :) I think he comes in during the 2nd book of the series .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got book one in the series at a library book sale!!=) Thx for the info!!

    ReplyDelete