Tuesday, November 23, 2010

infinity by sherrilyn kenyon


I just finished the Young Adult fiction book Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon -
I really enjoyed this book. I saw it at walmart and almost bought it - But chickened out. I was thinking my son (age 14) would want to read it - but he really doesn't like the supernatural world (SHOCK I know!)
So I checked it out at the library last week and after a full day and a half of reading it - It was really cute.

I thought it would be something totally different - I was thinking Todd Vandermoth (or whatever it's called) Series when I saw the cover of this book - but it's not really much about Vampires - as about Zombies - I really enjoyed the different way these Zombies were made and how they acted compared to a few other books I have read with Zombies - I also loved the scarcasm that he threw out at his mom - yet he held so much respect for her.
Great story in my book - will look forward to reading Invincible - the next book in Feb 2011 :)

Here is the summery from the back of the book...

" At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough, and savvy, Nick and his quick sarcasm are the stuff of legend... until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.
Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil covering a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead. But before Nick can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh-eating zombies. And he's next on the menu.
As if starting high school isn't hard enough... now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chain saw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that? "

No comments:

Post a Comment